Friday, March 28, 2014

Coffee snobbery

I am a self admitted coffee snob.  One would rue the day they brought Folgers or any such nonsense into my home. 

I'm not saying that I would partake in a fifty dollar cup of cat poop coffee, but I also have little desire to drink hot murky rustwater.  

Here are some workplace coffee tips:
1) If you should choose to purchase the cheapest, nastiest swill available to you, please refrain from brewing as weak a pot as is possible.
2) Please clean the coffee maker at least once a year.  I don't think that is too difficult a task.

I have decided to bring my own miniscule coffee maker to work.  It brews just enough that no one would come and pilfer my coffee.  I would be loath to waste good coffee on an unrefined palate.

In somewhat related events, we shared a delightful coffee beverage from Starbucks recently, of which I gave Fisher a few sips.  Around three in the morning he woke up and called for me, and when I went into his room, he stood up and said "coffee?".  It was at that moment my thoughts turned from "just like his old man!" to "I've created a monster."

No comments:

Post a Comment