Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Gear picks from a noob

As I am a beginner to the world of tent camping and/or backpacking, I would like to share my limited knowledge on gear and brands that I find to be of superb quality. (from what I can tell, anyway.  But what do I know?)

This is the backpack o' backpacks:
Kelty Red Cloud 6650
There is nothing short of a large bundle of firewood that this pack will not carry, and I even question that statement. There are so many pockets and compartments that one could probably carry an entire family's gear. 
Some of the more nifty features include a sleeping back compartment on the bottom, daisy chain, removable day pack on top, and it is ready for a hydration bladder such as a Camelbak. 
In summary, the Red Cloud 6650 may not exactly be suited for short day hikes, but should the need arise for something with a capacity just shy of an RV, this one has your name all over it.

www.kelty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment